Aflas®, also known as TFE/P rubber, is a copolymer of tetrafluoroethylene and propylene with a fluorine content of app. 54%. It can handle high temperature, chemic and steam. Aflas® works perfectly together with water, steam, bases, and caustics. It is used in the oil exploration and drilling industry worldwide, due to its great steam and H2S resistance.
Qualities of Aflas
- excellent caustic and steam resistance up to 400° F / 204° C;
- high volume resistivity (greater than 1016Ω cm);
- resistant to ozone;
- resistant to highly reactive (in)organic chemicals, acids and bases;
- resistant to amines and H2S;
- resistant to radiation up to 200 MRad of gamma-ray radiation;
- excellent performance in Steam in Place (SIP), Clean in Place (CIP) and Water for Injection (WFI) applications.
To assist our customers we have created different tools to ease the selection of the most suitable material and dimensions of O-rings.
- O-ring Weight Calculator: The weight of high volumes of O-rings is important to determine freight costs. This tool enables you to identify the weight of a batch of O-rings.
- O-ring Calculator: The O-ring calculator enables engineers to specify an O-ring groove for any given O-ring or vice versa calculates the best suitable size O-ring for any given groove. The calculator takes all relevant parameters into account like thermal and or chemical swell of the rubber material and thermal expansion of mating construction parts materials.
Find the EPDM O-ring suppliers nearby you
On our contact page, you can find all our offices worldwide and select the O-ring suppliers nearby you. For more information about O-rings or other ERIKS products, please fill in the “Ask ERIKS” form on the upper-right corner.