The ERIKS V-ring is an all rubber one-piece seal, which is mounted on a shaft and seals axially against a counterface.
Use of the ERIKS V-ring
The ERIKS V-ring is used as a pressureless sealing preventing dirt, water, oil splash and dust to enter the system. Therefore it is mostly used in applications for pumps, agricultural machines, rolling mils, metal- and wood treatment devices, electro motors and paper machines.
Materials in which the V-ring is available
- NBR, temperature range -40 to + 100C, this compound is ozone resistant.
- FPM/Fluorrubber (Viton®), for applications that need high temperature range (from -20 C to +200C) and when used against aggressive chemicals.
- Other materials on request.
- The ERIKS V-ring consists of three sections:
- the body; clamps itself on the shaft;
- the conical self-adjusting lip;
- the hinge
Advantages of the ERIKS V-ring
- Long lifetime
- Low friction to the application of oil seals
- Simple construction
- No wear of the shaft
- Simple mounting
- Suitable for high RPM
- Attractive pricing
- High availability
Contact us for questions about the ERIKS V-ring
For inquiries about the V-ring or one of our other products, please contact us by using our contact form on the right or by visiting our contact page.